Tuesday 1 November 2011

Updates ...

It's been a few weeks since I've written as things are beginning to move forward. First, here's the latest 'studio' update news :
Have now finished 1 coat on the studio walls & it's looking nice & bright. The 'silk' finish of the paint is reflecting the outside light to the inside although I still have the ceiling to do (my next in line of jobs in this section). The office has been emptied ready to begin that part of the painting - possibly will finish this totally as removals booked for end of this month (I hope if all goes according to plan).

Some other jobs are being completed by local workmen: some new electrics & a heater, a mezzanine floor has been boarded over (above the studio so I will be able to store more items), a new studio 'front' (in white) booked in for 2 weeks time & floor covering thru from the office to the kitchen/loo area.

I've also been keeping my 'record' of notes up-to-date - now many names for projects all ready to start. I treated myself to a new compact camera about 2 weeks ago - still haven't had time to charge it! I opted for a compact after much thought - decided to keep my old trust Minolta Dynax with all bits. Thought I'd be able to set this one up in the studio for using for in-house shots - bag of bits & pieces too bulky & awkward to carry easily around.

Some shots last week reminded me of cloud formations I find interesting - here's just 1:

2 x US Fashion Dolls

These 2 were the first dolls out of the "collection box" - both are American & appx. 10"/25cm tall.  They were just a lit...