Friday 4 October 2013

Full circle again ? ...


Once more I'm using this image. Here it's to represent having gone full-circle (AGAIN!!) ... but in a different direction with design thoughts not unlike a turning sphere!!

As I subsequently investigate cells in more depth & have ideas for various designs, I find it's beginning to pull me into a geometric world involving equations (my love of maths here), spherical shapes & curves alongside other odd or interesting shapes. Although the plastic & fabric stitched 'nucleus' (Project:Cell) is just starting, I'm also considering other ideas to experiment with as part of this.

Does this possibly account for the constant need to be thinking of other diverse things to make once I've already decided to make something? ............. I think so! Possibly because of a background in sewing (where a garment is assembled in individual sections) & latterly in crafts teaching (where students work on different crafts), I'm finding that I need to have several projects on the go simultaneously. Also, I find that any problems encountered in a particular design are usually resolved when another design is begun.

2 x US Fashion Dolls

These 2 were the first dolls out of the "collection box" - both are American & appx. 10"/25cm tall.  They were just a lit...