Thursday 20 December 2012

Momobay, Slideshow & End of year housekeeping !



This is my father's Lafayette communication radio receiver manual. I inherited this & the radio several years ago, had it repaired & hope to  'have a play'  with it here. Looking at it yesterday, it reminds me of my interest in 'communication' albeit very different from that above. The e-side of MY JOURNEY is "knitting together" more or less as planned ... different uses & mind-sets co-ordinating well. Although at this stage perhaps a bit 'labour intensive' on my part (log-ins, slight repetition & locating lost e-files), I'm quite certain that over the next few months things will settle down & it will all be easier to locate & navigate. (A New Year updated phone should help with this.) I'm using an Apple OS10 system (very different to the above!) & very happy with how it's currently set up for my use - both for hardware & software. It has seen much better 'formal creative days' but now it too is taking things easy & doing what it does best! It's easy & quick to use ... I know all the software on it & can't be doing with re-learning it all over again! Maybe in a few years time!!

With the computer side of my creations high on my current agenda, I've been busy over the past couple of weeks doing that awful computer chore of "end of year housekeeping". I've done it somewhat religiously every year for the past 'X' (except last year with the move) after suffering a huge data loss when I hadn't kept copies of things & spent many hours having to re-create it all. Never again to have it happen - especially when a good percentage of the files were supposed to have been backed up by someone else!!

In carrying out this nasty chore, I often notice that many ways of doing things have suddenly become either out-moded or redundant. In particular this time, my library of current photos. In a bit of a mess - very badly arranged - often difficult to locate - unlabelled. Also, many of them had been taken with my new camera - adding with it many more photos!! I thought the time had now come to split them up into creative usables & ones for reference only. The entire old library will be archived onto the Momobay (good use for this old piece of hardware) so I can dip into it as & when. My mobile laptop (a bit elderly & in need of a possible update) will then be used for accessing it as well as having it run in the studio as a creative slide-show.

2 x US Fashion Dolls

These 2 were the first dolls out of the "collection box" - both are American & appx. 10"/25cm tall.  They were just a lit...