Tuesday 2 July 2013

Hot Pink Bottle Brush ...


In the mid 1970s, I lived in Oz & fell in love with certain plants. Coming back to the UK & many years later I got one of these in red for the garden & it grew into a lovely shrub. I moved, bought another to replace it but it didn't grow so well & rarely flowered. Now having moved again, I thought I'd try once more & about 2 weeks ago I bought this one. In "Hot Pink" (& it really is much more vibrant than the image), it attract the bees in profusion. My attraction to it:

  • is the colours - in this one: the varied shades of green, pink & yellow
  • the way it grows - just like a bottle brush
  • the way the blossom petals unfolds from the little balls
  • the way the bees climb inside the spiky 'stalks'
Somehow I feel these images will have a connection to Project: Interspection

2 x US Fashion Dolls

These 2 were the first dolls out of the "collection box" - both are American & appx. 10"/25cm tall.  They were just a lit...