Tuesday 19 February 2013

Notes to date ...


Just over halfway through this month - how time flies when your legs are out of action !!!

Anyway, very pleased with all my design & conceptual ideas to date ... all my hard work 'computer housekeeping' is certainly paying off. Images & documents are now much easier to find & add to.

At the weekend I popped into the studio to pick up some books, art materials, old research notes & a box of samples to photograph. That prompted me to start on ACTUAL WRITTEN NOTES about my 'stitches thoughts' as it's a lot easier when you're reading books etc rather than typing on the computer. However, maybe when I've got more underway, I might computerise it using a database of some sort (I think I have one I started from several years ago that may come in useful).

Naturally, reading about 'stitches' resurrected my thoughts on an old research topic started back in the 1990s. Having collected the notes, I'm hoping to have a good read & see if it can be continued as it was sort of an on-going project in the first place! At this stage I can't remember what I've got although I think I may have a lot of it & it just needs a good sort out !! (More on that later)

By the way, the image above relates to the topic of research & immediately seeing it made me think that I will possibly carry on with it  - maybe not along the lines I originally thought!



2 x US Fashion Dolls

These 2 were the first dolls out of the "collection box" - both are American & appx. 10"/25cm tall.  They were just a lit...