Tuesday 5 February 2013

Faded look of a past ...


During the rest of the day, I've been tidying the image from yesterday. Final positioning of the small images, then Photoshopping the result to get the qualities I'm seeking. Several variants later, I've chosen these 2 above to now continue with ... I'm gradually getting that 'faded look of a past' where images are haunting & somewhat sequential. I'm next hoping to blend the above 2 together somehow ... mainly to portray a final period of time I want to represent.

I'm also trying to make use of a 'gridlike' panelling concept that feels right to use for 'Interspection' as a finished piece of (maybe textile?) art. I've always had a tendency to think practically &/or logically (computer days & flow-charts!) & approach much of what I do with this in mind. I think it's part of the way I work & should be represented. PLUS I think it's how the individual sections may be assembled together at a later stage (when all completed) & would be an important part of the final 'structure'. (I usually test things first visually - it's so much easier to do earlier rather than later!)

2 x US Fashion Dolls

These 2 were the first dolls out of the "collection box" - both are American & appx. 10"/25cm tall.  They were just a lit...