Wednesday 6 February 2013

Section 1 - Stencil a year ...



Have played around Photoshopping several copies of yesterdays images – mainly related to colours & shapes (as well as cut-outs). I was also superimposing shapes etc from one to another – all to do with the year I’m trying to show. At this moment in time, the year shown represents a particular memorable occasion. Remembering the ‘lines’ artwork of last week, I decided to try some stencils - they are also appropriate for what I’m trying to show. I liked the first effect I did (see above) so will possibly try some similar ideas following on from this.

Whilst creatively ‘experimenting’ in my new technique for ideas etc, it’s also helping me to consider how I’m ultimately going to produce the image as a final piece of ‘artwork’. I’ve mostly worked in textiles but for this piece, want to do it using other mediums. I did various ‘experimental’ samples a few years ago (many included within the Make-Do-&-Mend Embroidered Book) & quite likely will resurrect some of these.

NOTE: I’m still unwalkable so unable to get into my studio. All my samples, tools etc are there with their references so for the time being I’m having to ‘make-do’ just using the computer (rather appropriately as you’ll find out later!!).

2 x US Fashion Dolls

These 2 were the first dolls out of the "collection box" - both are American & appx. 10"/25cm tall.  They were just a lit...