Tuesday 5 February 2013

7 year cycles !


A few experimental ideas on Monday with the tablet has changed what I'll actually be doing next. As I started to add a few 'experimental sketchings' to the line/shape artwork, it confirmed that the concept I was trying to display as an image would actually work. Rather than now continue with just a 'test', I decided to begin the 'Introspection' piece.

Some days ago I also mentioned  it was possible 'Interspection' would be some sort of pieced or mosaic work. I believe we all travel through different 'life cycles' - each being of 7 years duration (approximately) & for different purposes or reasons. With this in mind, I thought it important to show this in some way too.

I started by rereading my earlier related blogs & looking at that imagery as some 'memory joggers'. As I also have an interest in family history (& periodically doing that too), I spent some of yesterday researching it. Although primarily 'location' based, it triggered some important images for me & these could be integrated too. Thinking it a good idea to 'begin at the beginning', I started to write initial 'narratives' for this artwork's explanation - mainly so that I didn't have to do it later! This immediately provided the detailed concept together with visual imagery which I feel I can now now'capture'.

This first piece (above) shows that 'initial' image to represent the beginning of my 'creativity & inspiration' - up to the age of 7 (the first age-cycle). There's a lot more work to be done on it but at this moment in time, it captures exactly what I want it to.


2 x US Fashion Dolls

These 2 were the first dolls out of the "collection box" - both are American & appx. 10"/25cm tall.  They were just a lit...