Sunday 31 July 2011

Dolls ...

Trifari Brooch
I've also remembered 2 other projects initially started several years ago but continue as on-going actual collections. Here I'm mentioning them as a single project since I see them as both connected.

Mascot Dolls (one of my collection shown left) - This relates to some items from WWI & WWII sharing a collective term as being 'mascot' dolls - the history of which I find fascinating.

Fashion Dolls - This is a collection of predominantly UK fashion dolls (from 1950s-60s) which I intend to 'restore' in a range of clothes from the period ... somewhat in the 'style' of those dolls from WWII & known as the 'Theatre de la Mode' (see You-Tube video below).

2 x US Fashion Dolls

These 2 were the first dolls out of the "collection box" - both are American & appx. 10"/25cm tall.  They were just a lit...