Wednesday 6 July 2011

A bridge to step back in time ...

Yesterday I stepped back in time with my camera & visited the childhood place I mentioned Sunday. Although now painted in bright colours, I remember it being predominantly dark grey.

Here are some shots of ' Jacob's Ladder ' as I remember it:

Jacob's Ladder - steps
Bridge supports
Jacob's Ladder Walkway (facing north)
Jacob's Ladder Walkway (facing south)
With the aid of today's computer manipulation,
I can show 2 images 'seen in my head' from a long time ago

Rain puddles & reflected patterns
Metalwork patterns
Ghosts layed to rest ?
(taking my shots, a hooded figure appeared on the bridge, walked past me & left at the exit)

Jacob's Ladder Hooded Figure
As I came to leave (reflected in the sunlight), were an amazing set of netted patterns
- rather appropriately positioned as I was standing over the main railway networks!


(some computer graphics have transformed it ready for use at a later stage)

2 x US Fashion Dolls

These 2 were the first dolls out of the "collection box" - both are American & appx. 10"/25cm tall.  They were just a lit...