Monday 18 July 2011

Flowers ...

In a garden along the road are some flowers which I haven't seen for a long time. I remember them from when I was very young as the flower buds resembled miniature balls. During summer holidays they would often be used in place of tennis balls ... much more difficult to hit !!

I think they're known as Chinese or Japanese Anemones & shall try to get some pictures of them before they die off. Their colouring (along with sweet peas, cornflowers & sun flowers) will likely be used as the basis for some other project. Somewhere in my photo archives I have some shots as reference - will try & find them.

Have just found this 'YouTube' identity of them - exactly as I remember they were :


It's interesting that it's only mid-June & the video is in September !

2 x US Fashion Dolls

These 2 were the first dolls out of the "collection box" - both are American & appx. 10"/25cm tall.  They were just a lit...