Monday 8 August 2011

Studio now ready to start the move into ...

First step of my new journey is now complete ... it finally happened last Friday at 12 noon. Although not actually where I'll be working, this is nearby & hopefully where I'll relocate to!


The intended 'studio' where I'm going to be working from is now empty of previous owners & their things. The next step(s) is now to prepare it ready for my use ... & that'll involve decorating whilst empty so that things (when taken there) can immediately be put into their new homes.

It's quite frustrating wanting to get started on everything but unable to. The vast majority of my 'tools & other paraphanalia' have been boxed up for several months ready for moving. Most things are in neat & tidy piles ready to transport on their way - all I'd left myself with is the 'bare minimum'. A depleted 'textile tool kit', a small working area (for minimum work/small jobs), a basic art section (ie. mainly old notebooks to sort through) & a computer table with my Apple. At least with all this I've been able to keep some basic jobs 'on-the-go' as well as getting all my 'bits & pieces' into boxed order.

I chose to do things in this way as one of my personal longtime wishes was to get as much of my design notes/reference & images onto the computer. (It makes my life a lot easier & quicker.) Anyway, knowing that it was unlikely I would be able to move, relocate & work in one step, I decided that for a period of time (without much of my equipment to hand), I would work on all my e-skills & get another task out the way!

This weekend, I spent a long time updating iPhoto & iTunes & getting them ready for yet another way of working. (I try to do this regularly anyway but over the past year, it's got a bit messy!) I've found & located all previously stored images, got rid of all the dupes, labelled & tidied them up in a much better way PLUS backed it all up! Definitely a job worth doing & highly recommended. I've also found more odd photos that I'll be scanning into the system - just wish there'd been digital cameras when I'd first taken them!

I'm hoping to get along to the new workplace at the end of the week - just a short journey of 100 miles or so! It'll really be just to collect keys, have a look around inside the building & a possible brief clean-up & decide on new colour scheme for the walls. Have a look at the view above (hoping to live near to this), then passenger back home to plan the next stage.

2 x US Fashion Dolls

These 2 were the first dolls out of the "collection box" - both are American & appx. 10"/25cm tall.  They were just a lit...