Thursday 10 January 2013

Patterns of communication ...



The circumstances of my feet being still up (with little walking around) means I'm continuing with my 'housekeeping' - sorting out all previous pix on the computer. I realised yesterday morning (almost when finishing) that I'd done the wrong set & am now having to re-do it all again. One big lesson that I should have known about - make sure you don't keep duplicates & triplicates of things & then label them identically!

Anyway, it's helped me to recall some things I'd forgotten about & lost (in my e-world) plus (by tidying up & linking all my blogs together before Xmas), keeping me focussed on what I'm creatively trying to do. Also, by actually looking at the many images I've accumulated, I'm starting to realise what it is I like about them & why I needed to record the image.

For example, coming across this image above which I like because of the patterns portrayed, it made me remember this verse I read at my father's cremation:
There is no Death! The stars go down
To rise upon some other shore,
And bright in heaven’s jewelled crown
They shine for evermore.

This thought process continues & gets 'filed' alongside the previous set of images entitled 'Project: Pattern'. As I refresh these memories, a design idea is now starting to form & hopefully be created. For this reason, 'Project: Flowers' will cease to be & its images are being divided between 'Project: Mosaic' & 'Project Pattern'. Maybe you can see why:

NOTE: The title of this entry extremely appropriate & almost likely to be the 'label' for the textile creation!

2 x US Fashion Dolls

These 2 were the first dolls out of the "collection box" - both are American & appx. 10"/25cm tall.  They were just a lit...