Thursday 31 January 2013

Addition of colour creates unexpected 3D effect ...


Today I've being playing on my tablet - I said I wanted to draw so thought I'd try it digitally (another thing I've been meaning to get round to over the years). I started simply in colour, drawing lines in Illustrator (for me I thought it should be stitching shape ones), then added some simple blocks (see finished result at right).

After this, I then liquified the result in Photoshop before overlaying with a semi-transparent image I'd created yesterday.

The result is above ... I like the effect of undulation & other new images that seem to be appearing. The colour combinations work well in the final version - I don't know exactly why I chose them, I just did.


2 x US Fashion Dolls

These 2 were the first dolls out of the "collection box" - both are American & appx. 10"/25cm tall.  They were just a lit...